No one likes being without hot water, but many homeowners don’t realize their water heaters can begin to break down and malfunction until it’s too late. In some cases, a minor repair may be needed, while in extreme cases, your water heater may need to be replaced. Knowing the signs that indicate you need to have your water heater inspected can help prevent any major issues so you don’t end up without hot water. Keep reading for five tips on how to spot potential problems and when to call for water heater repair in Covina, CA.
1. Unusual Sounds – Listen for any odd noises, such as pops, crackles, or squeaks, coming from your water heater. These may be signs of sediment buildup and indicate you need a professional to inspect it.
2. Water Temperature Issues – If the hot water from your faucets is not as hot as it used to be, or you notice lukewarm water when you run the dishwasher or washing machine, this can point to a problem with your water heater. A malfunctioning thermocouple could be the issue here.
3. Leaks – Most newer models have safety valves that will shut off if there is a leak, but older models won’t. Pay attention to any puddles on the floor near your water heater, as this could indicate a serious issue.
4. Age – If you’ve had your current water heater for at least ten years, consider replacing it before major issues occur.
5. Rust or Discoloration – If you see any brown or rusty water coming from your faucet, this is a sign that your hot water tank may be rusting inside and must be inspected.
Don’t ignore potential signs of trouble with your water heater. By being aware of the warning signs discussed in this article, you can save yourself from being caught in a bind due to a broken water heater. With proper water heater maintenance in West Covina, CA, you can ensure your water heating system continues to run smoothly.
Want to avoid expensive issues with your water heater? Contact Drain Doctor Plumbing and Rooter at 626-332-9984 and our team of expert plumbers will provide you with the best-in-class tankless water heater maintenance in Glendora, CA, and surrounding areas.